It’s been a tough year for a lot of people. You probably know someone who is struggling to stay afloat, raising kids while holding down more than one job, or volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances.
It’s been a tough year for me, too. Tough, but good. I’ve made a lot of hard choices about my personal well-being and my career. I started a business in a recession. I just got laid-off from my full-time job at a software company. But you know what? I’m OK. I’m better than OK. I am so blessed by the serendipity in my life, the privileges afforded me, and the feeling that I’m finally doing what I’m meant to do. I have so much that I need to give back.
So I’m doing a giveaway for a family, a couple, or an individual in need. Because, guess what? …
Do you know someone who can’t afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season? Can you think of someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family’s spirit, love, and beauty?
This holiday season, I want to give them the chance to experience complimentary custom photography…about $1000 worth, to be exact. I’m giving away a 2-hour portrait session and up to $800 in printed products. Whether it’s canvas or albums, prints for Grandma, or a slideshow to watch over and over, it’s in your power to give someone you know the artwork they deserve this holiday season. Will you tell me who they are?
Oh, and the best part? The person who nominates the winner (that’s you!) receives a $250 session, print or album credit. So show some love!
Here are the details:
- Alas, you cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services. (Not struggling to pay off their yacht and six vacation homes.)
- The nominee must reside in Washington (West of the Cascades) or Oregon state (Portland area only). Tell me who you know and why they qualify for this giveaway. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.
- You have between today and December 28th to nominate someone you know.
- All entries will be reviewed by me and a panel of judges (my homiezzzz) to choose the winner.
- The winner will be announced on New Years Day! So get to OM NOM NOMINATING…I can’t wait to read all of your entries!
If you’re a photographer and want to give back, too, visit the Giving is Awesome website. Open your heart to someone this holiday season — and thank you, sincerely, for supporting me in my photography business and giving me the opportunity to open mine.